It’s true—your website is now officially your ministry’s front door. If people are serious about checking you out, it’s guaranteed that they will hit your website. Just think of your online front door as either having curb appeal—or not.
Your site immediately tells people three things:
It tells them that you’re either open for business or nobody’s home.
It tells them that you’re either worth checking out or a total waste of their time.
It tells them ‘welcome, please stay awhile’ or ‘get lost.’
It says all that in about three seconds or less. It doesn’t matter if the “interior” of your ministry is truly special if you can’t get anyone to step inside the front door.
Here are 7 signs that it could be time to overhaul your website’s curb appeal:
- When people hit your site, they feel like they’ve been transported back in time.
- You apologize to people when you give them your site address.
- Your website is a maintenance and upkeep money pit.
- Even though it’s an inanimate object, you literally hate its guts.
- When people around you straight up tell you it’s time to get a new one.
- You spend evenings curled up with your dashboard instead of your spouse or dog.
- You can’t even remember your ministry’s domain name. (Ouch, that one burns)
If you aren’t resonating with those you are trying to reach (and those you’re already reaching), your ministry will simply fade over time. It may not happen immediately, but it will happen.
Your website is a key tool for communicating your ministry, nonprofit, school or church vision—what you’re about and what you do. So, when you tell people that your site is a “work in progress,” or they sense that it’s dormant, you’re telling them that your ministry is too. Yikes.
Overhauling your site is more than giving your ministry a fresh coat of paint. Just like enhancing a home’s curb appeal, revamping your ministry’s online presence is about adding value to your brand. You add value to your brand by making the experience great for everyone who checks you out online.
And though it takes legit and hard work to shape your site in such a way that makes their experience great, it’s absolutely worth your time and financial investment.
Ready to go to the next level in your online presence? We can help!